I had a GREAT break. It's always refreshing to be home and I just love being in Chattanooga with family and friends. To be honest, I wasn't looking forward to coming back to Jefferson City. For some reason, it gets harder and harder every semester to make myself want to come back. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy Carson-Newman. My house is GREAT, and the fact that being here is fulfilling my ultimate goal and desire to become a teacher is so worth it. But for some reason, it's just always hard to leave home.
This Christmas I finally jumped on the band wagon and asked Santa to get me an IPOD!!! And, it totally satisfies the music lover in me. I absolutely love it. I also wanted to be able to play it in my car, so I got a car adapter thingy to go with it. and, along with it came the instructions that "if the car is moving, you don't touch it." Santa knows best... it's a valid request. But anyway, i love it too. And the first time I really got to try it out was yesterday on my trip back to Carson-Newman in starting a new semester. Tying these first two paragraphs together, I put my ipod in and began my journey away from Chattanooga. I put it on a random mix of all my songs so I wouldn't get sick of any one thing so I could fulfil Santa's wishes. My trip was perfectly bookended with two completely "random" songs that were just what i needed...
the VERY first song my ipod chose to play as i left Pine Marr Drive was "Jesus Bring the Rain" by MercyMe. As i felt kinda down about leaving, I was reminded that I'm at CN for a reason and that ALL that matters is that Jesus Christ receives all the praise and honor He's due. And right now, I'm to praise Him from Jefferson City... come rain or shine. Read the chorus as you listen to the song below.... its some good stuff.
Bring me joy, bring me peace
Bring the chance to be free
Bring me anything that brings
You glory And I know there'll
be days When this life brings me pain
But if that's what it takes to
praise You Jesus, bring the rain
In between the two cities, I went through a modge podge of a trillion other songs. As I was pulling into Iris Lane, though, the last song came on... it was "Can't Live a Day" by Avalon. (can we say old school?) But, again, a perfect way to wrap up my trip as I was reminded that now that I'm here, I am NOTHING aside from Jesus Christ. Because of Him, nothing. else. matters. As you listen to the song below, read these lyrics... it's a good reminder
I could live life alone
And never fill the longings of my heart
The healing warmth of someone's arms
And I could live without dreams
And never know the thrill of what could be
With every star so far and out of reach
I could live without many things
And I could carry on, but
I couldn't face my life tomorrow
Without Your hope in my heart I know
I can't live a day without You
Lord, there's no night and there's no morning
Without Your loving arms to hold me
You're the heartbeat of all I do
I can't live a day without You
Matthew 17:8 says, "When they looked up, they saw no one except Jesus." May that be your cry and mine this New Year.
1 comment:
"Can't live a day" is one of my favorite jam-out-in-the-car-by-myself-on-a-roadtrip songs. So oldschool and I love it! and you!
Post a Comment