Because my schedule somewhat messed up this semester, I'm having to take my geography class at a community college about 30 minutes away called Walters State. It's kind of a drag, but it's been a definitely interesting experience so far, as community colleges always seem to provide.
Anyway, I made friends with this sweet girl on day one and we've sat together just chatting about life every since. Today, she asked me "Are you liberal?" I kind of laughed, not expecting that at all, and proceeded to tell her I was pretty much the most conservative person she'd ever meet, haha. Having said that, i thought to myself about the urgency of the Gospel and how we as Christians are instructed to 'go ye therefore..' and so very rarely do. And, i also got to thinking about camp and how because I'm such in a "God mood" there, that I would've already told this girl all about my best friend Jesus Christ.. so, i thought, if she can ask me if I'm liberal, I can ask her if she loves Jesus, right?! Seriously though, I asked her if she was religious at all and she said that she finds all "religious" things interesting but has never bought in on any one in particular. When i asked her who she believes created her, she said, "I believe in a higher being, be it God or Allah, or someone like that, but I'm not really sure what yet.." She said that she is still searching and asked me about my religious offiliations. LONG story short, I was basically able to share with her the Gospel and share with her how Jesus Christ has changed my life and don't really know where it will go from there. The whole time I was like, "Is this really happening?" but the Lord just opened up conversation about Himself in a really cool way. She was way interested in what I had to say and asked a ton of questions and as we were leaving said, "It is so encouraging to see someone so passionate about what they believe in." Wow! Really?? Was she really able to see my joy of the Lord through our little conversation?! I pray she was, and i pray she longs for it as well. Her name is Samantha. Join with me in praying for Samantha's heart that it might be responsive to what the Lord has to offer her.
"Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should." - Ephesians 6:19-20
3 comments:
This is what it's all about!! Thank you for sharing such a humble reminder of our purpose in this world. I am so convicted tonight by your story, and I hope you will give us updates because I will be praying for your relationship with samantha. I love you Anna Cleland!
That's is so cool Anna! I pray that God would continue to soften Samantha's heart to His Word and love and that you would be given more opportunities to share with her. I had sort of a similar expereience with a Muslim I met at church, believe it or not. She is from Morroco and is living with her aunt while she attends WKU this spring. We went to lunch one Sunday after church and it was pretty cool to talk about God, school, and culture with her! I hope God uses me in her life to shed light as he does with you and Samantha!
So that is where Walters State is at. They have the best junior college baseball team in America and send alot of guys to the Majors every year. WKU's starting catcher came from there, but I never knew where it was at. But anyway, awesome stuff. Glad to hear about the gospel being lived out.
Post a Comment