Monday, January 26, 2009

Esther: It's Tough Being A Woman

I am so so so excited! Today marks the beginning of my study through the book of Esther! It is Beth Moore's latest study that was recently launched onto the shelves of Lifway Christian Bookstores so women all over can glean from her insight and teachings of the Word of God. I was sitting in my Carson-Newman kitchen about a week ago and was looking at a newsletter my church here had sent out. It invited any woman whose eyes that it met to attend this weekly Bible study... I read it out loud and commented on how good it probably is (I mean, what thing tagged with Beth Moore isn't?!) and how I wish I could squeeze another drive to Morristown in my schedule to attend this. My roommate Amanda was fixing dinner and her eyes lit up and said, "Gosh, me too, that'd be awesome. Is there any way we can still do it and not have to go to the meetings?" SO, I called the best Beth Moore scholar I knew- my dear ol mommy, and told her we were thinking. We got the books and are going to purchase the videos from the internet and Amanda and I will meet every week and watch them. I'm always jealous of my mom doing her studies and having a group of women supporting each other and discussing what they've learned together, and am glad I don't have to go without for this study. I'm thrilled to have my roommie to explore this with me...

The way this study works is you watch a video of Beth Moore guiding you through scripture, then she sends you off to complete the weeks worth of "homework" so you can dig in the Word for yourself. It's amazing. Beth's so gifted. I can't wait to get into the full swing of it and learn beyond what Veggie Tales teaches (in all seriousness though, the Veggie Tales on Esther is my all time favorite!) So... here's to the next 9 weeks!

Here's the link to the promotion video for the study... see why I'm so darn excited?
http://www.emedialink.com/view_video.php?viewkey=0d7e0a92e66a6114b840

AND the book even matches my blog layout!!! so meant to be.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man - I sure love those Beth Moore studies! And I love your mom. And I love doing Beth Moore studies with your mom. No really - I do. :)

Kasey Lee said...

This sounds Awesome Anna! I'm excited for you...let me know how you like it!

Vanessa Lee said...

i'm starting this study tomorrow! i can't wait to hear about your experiences! :) This is my first Beth Moore study and I'm super excited! YAY!