


Ready? Set. GO!
I'm Anna. I'm a junior at Carson-Newman College studying elementary education, and I'll always call Chattanooga, TN my home. I think that bubble baths solve the world's problems. My feet aren't tickleish. I can't whistle. I never ever remember my dreams... and if I do it's a very rare occasion. Throughout my life, my family has owned seven birds, all of which were named "Pretty Bird".... The death of one of these birds was due to me doing a somersault over him (morbid, I know, but true). I don't like most things with chocolate as their main ingredient. I'm almost positive that I require more sleep than a normal person in order to function properly. It’s annoying to type when my fingers are cold. I find speed bumps horribly inconvenient. My first word was “cookie”.
Memorization is what’s gotten me through school. I couldn't be more thankful my name isn't Megan for all the people who say mAgan instead of mEgan. . I've lost count of how many times I have walked out my door to my parents telling me to "choose your activities judiciously". For the sake of my devotion time, I wish I were more of a morning person. Ring Pops still to this day excite me. War Eagle. I've never owned a dog. I admire humble people. I mute commercials. My hair is naturally curly, but i wear it straight too. I, by the grace of God, have never had braces. I never set my alarm at an expected time (such as 6 or 6:30... its gotta be 6:01 or 6:36... stuff like that. I just feel sorry for the often neglected numbers.) It irritates me when you can see a guys t-shirt with writing on it through their normal shirt. I don’t watch tv anymore… unless it’s survivor or the bachelor. oh, and jon and kate plus 8 :). I always eat applesauce with a fork; it's a must.
I'm always cold. I love board games.... and card games. I've been on Reading Rainbow twice. Yes, twice. I cringe when people call me Anna Banana. Electric blankets make the world a better place. I hate to be late to things. I secretly wish the whole world lived in such a way that camp cheers were known by all, and mandatory by all.. wouldn’t the world just be such a happier place? Ironing is my least favorite “chore” (other than cleaning up after other people, but that’s neither here nor there). I bruise easy. When some people call for shotgun, in large groups of people I claim middle back; I love it. I wish I could carry Beth Moore around in my pocket. Last year, I was the volleyball (team), badminton (girls doubles), AND ping pong (individual) intramural champion. I can go days without washing my hair without anyone being able to tell. It’s a talent.
I love the care-free spirits of children. I have a hidden obsession of pelicans. I never eat dessert. I am the most movie deprived person you will ever meet... I've never seen Forrest Gump… or Titanic. I am the Queen of organized games. Any form of a message makes me happy. Jesus Christ has changed my life. What frustrates me more than anything is wanting to go to sleep and not being able to.....hate it. I’m convinced that the world, for some reason, sees an invisible inscription on my forehead that says, “make fun of me… no seriously, I can handle it”. I've been electrocuted twice. Putting mascara on is my least favorite part of getting ready... I always do it very last. I often prefer to watch movies using subtitles. I have lived in the same house my whole life. I've been on stage with Chinese Acrobats.... now thats a fun story. The Broadway “Wicked” is my all time favorite and whoever takes me to go see it again will instantaneously become my new bff :). If you're still reading, I love you. Since college, my all time favorite snack has become bananas and peanut butter.
I have a cousin named Georgia but she lives in Alabama. I refuse to drink out of cups with large rims. I’m attempting to be better at being more lady-like by carrying a purse more often. I believe that Andy Griffith is not meant to be viewed in color. I also believe that the shower is the best place to cry. I was never into Barbies growing up, but The Babysitter’s Club Books were a must. When I’m at home, my family eats dinner when 80 year olds do. The likelihood of me getting sick after i sleep with my hair wet is very high. I wish I was more organized. The more college I attend, the more homesick I get (weird, huh). Hymns are quite possibly my favorite music genre of all time. I wake up to just about anything; my phone vibrating is my alarm clock every morning. Roller coasters quite possibly provide the best thrills in life. I always use a straw in restaurants. Always. I am the youngest grandchild on both sides of my family. I'm easily stressed out... but love the feeling of the relief of stress (i'm not saying that its worth it though). I had my first peanut butter and jelly sandwich this past summer. I take any and every opportunity to remain stocked up on McDonald's parfaits.
And these may be a little familiar, but just to clump them all together… I'm obsessed with the smell of the bread isle. I have a hidden passion and heart for sign language and Zimbabwe. I know very little when it comes to fashion… but I guess that’s what roommates are for. I hate when I can feel any sort of air blowing on me (overhead fans at night are a huge no no). If my middle initial was “B”, my initials and birthday (Dec. 3rd) would be ABC123 instead of AKC123. My passion for cooking has been sparked this year! I’m gonna one day have a class of my own students… and that gets me really excited. My favorite movie is the Sound Of Music and I’m proud of it. I got my first cavities (yes, plural, TWO!) ever over Thanksgiving break--- big bummer! I’m horrible at every accent I attempt. I love it when Dr. Dooley uses song lyrics in his sermons in order to emphasize his point… it’s my favorite. I’ve never had a sip of alcohol in my life. I can’t whistle. I wish I could see my extended family more often… they’re some of the funnest people I know. I’m very indecisive. My daddy calls me “Annie,” and he’s the only one allowed. I owe my entire life to God and am incredibly thankful what He’s done, is doing, and continues to do in my life.
whew! haha, Let me know if you were able to make it all the way through this, so you can automatically earn a special place in my heart :) and, let me know your favorites... that'll be a fun game. I'm sure there's a ton more, I just stopped thinking and wanted to spare you. Thanks for knowing me and loving me for the quirky person I am! :D
5 comments:
i made it through every single word on this post...and i loved every bit of it:) i even know that you told us twice that you never eat dessert and that you hate drinking out of glasses with large rims. and from now on I'm going to call you annabanana just to irk you:) just kidding. i'm so glad i just realized you have a blog. you're so sweet.
My favorite parts were "Electric blankets make the world a better place" - I totally agree. I now have TWO of them. And I love that you admitted to having 2nd or 3rd day hair. :) (I do it too... gotta love those curls.) YOU'RE WONDERFUL!
ha! I loved it :) I'm also glad that I knew most of those because that makes me feel like we really are family because I know some stuff about you :) haha You've inspired me to do the same one day too!
Fact. Anna Cleland you are a quirky person, but I love you even more for accepting your quirkiness!! My favorite was the fact that you hate when you can't fall asleep....I remember sleeping in your bed the first weekend "home" from camp and you about bit my head off because I wasn't quiet enough or still enough or whatever!! haha Good times. I can only hope we get another chance to sleep in the same bed so I can mess up your insane sleeping pattern once more ;) haha JK! P.S. I read the WHOLE thing and have officially earned a "special" place in your heart!
Made it! You said you can't whistle twice. There's proof.
Post a Comment