You see, my friend Melissa is a blogger too. Not long ago, she wrote a blog about this guy named Ryan that she "knew" (which consisted of simply knowing 'of' him and having a crush on him) in high school. (Seriously - read it - it's hilarious.) Melissa has recently found out Ryan's current status: he and his girlfriend Maci have a precious little son named Bentley. The twist of the story is that she found out this information through the popular tv reality show on MTV called 16 and Pregnant. Needless to say, she was floored to actually "know" (of) someone on this show that features the lives of young unmarried couples with kids.
I read her blog and laughed at Melissa and her honesty as she admitted to her high school crush.
(This is where my story comes in..) So this week, I'm with some friends just hanging out and they were talking about this show on MTV called Teen Mom and how they can't believe they missed one of the newest episodes. I started asking them about it and they go, "OH MY GOODNESS HAVE YOU NOT HEARD?!?!?! TEEN MOM IS THE CONTINUATION OF 16 AND PREGNANT AND RYAN EDWARDS FROM RED BANK IS ON IT!"
...........................and then it clicked. I went to church growing up with Ryan Edwards. He was in my Sunday School class. We went on retreats together. And now he's on MTV.
........ THE SAME MTV SHOW MELISSA POWELL WAS TALKING ABOUT IN HER BLOG!
I mainly know Melissa from UT, so I never make the connection of her knowing the same people that I know from Chattanooga. And plus, I would've never made the connection by myself because I never watch MTV and have absolutely NO idea what these shows are even about. But I watched the next episode with my friends and was in total shock the entire time that I knew someone on there.
Melissa closed her blog by inserting pictures of herself, making this disclaimer:
"Anyways, I thought I'd share with you a few picture from high school. None of these include Ryan because I wasn't that cool, but this is me."
Well, Melissa, I'll do the same... Here's a picture of me AND ryan in high school. Does this make me cool??!?! hahahaha (although he doesn't look too happy, does he...)

And here's a picture of Ryan now from MTV's show Teen Mom with his girlfriend and son.

haha, I just had to take the opportunity to one-up Melissa with the whole picture thing. Thanks for humoring me. :)
1 comment:
Dearest Anna,
Oh Palllllease!
The competition is ON! I WILL get a picture with him... There may be awkward stalkerish moments, but it will happen. Haha.
This made me laugh!
Love, Melissa
Post a Comment