Friday, September 11, 2009

precious moments.

Ever since I moved back to Carson-Newman, it's been a whirlwind of events. I moved in on a Monday. On Tuesday, I moved in with Millicent (a yearly thing, here's my blog about it last year) to live with her for two weeks while her mom was on a trip to Alaska. Then, Wednesday I started classes.

That next Monday morning, I was gonna get some stuff done before getting ready to head to my 1 o'clock class and i woke up to Millicent sitting on the couch watching tv because she had just gotten news that her father had passed away that morning. My heart broke for her. For the next week, her 17 year old life got bombarded with having to deal with the fact that her father was no longer on this earth. If you know me at all, you know the huge space in my heart that Millicent holds. From people bringing us food, to the receiving of friends, to the funeral itself, I was so so so thankful throughout it all that I was able to be with her during this monumental time of her life and that I could be there for her while her mom was gone. It was hard to balance school with it all, but we managed. It was a hard week, and will still be hard as the year progresses for her, but it was definitely a sweet growing time for Mill and I. I learned so much during this week, and this will be an experience I will never forget. For those of you who knew while it was all going on, thanks for the texts and prayers. Keep Millicent in your prayers. I love this girl so much. :)


This is me and Mill in yoga class during the first week I was living with her. :)

On a different note, I love making new friends. I spent the last weekend at UT staying with Julia and Eleanor from camp. It's been fun hanging with them and getting to know their friends and getting to know knoxville better as I continue to look into going to get my masters there next year.

So yes, life's been busy and I feel like I've been living out of my car since the day I moved back in, but I really wouldn't have had it any other way. It's fun to see the Lord using me, growing me, and preparing me lately.

1 comment:

Hannah Beatrice Williams said...

This is heartbreaking. I will pray for this girl and her family.