Things that I currently love:
1. Hand Sanitizer. - Swine flu is in full swing and i have never saturated my hands in so much soap and hand sanitizer. Praise the Lord for health thus far into the school year.
2. Time spent in Knoxville- I have found it SUCH a refreshment to get out and travel to knoxville at least twice a week and spend time with close friends Samantha, Cameron, Kelsey and especially Julia and Eleanor. (Seriously, I feel like i practically live at Jules and El's apartment, as i often "shack" there on the weekends.) They are so kind and i'm so grateful that they let me intrude on their lives and practically live with them on the weekends.
3. TN football. - Another reason i love going to ktown is to take part in the weekly to do that is known as TN football. Saturday game days are so fun and seeing everyone outside all sporting the same color to cheer their team on just makes me a happy person. I can't wait for the UT/Auburn game on Saturday. Thanks to my roomie Carling, i have a ticket and I'll get to go represent a house divided.
4. New Friends - Like i've said in my previous blog, its fun to hang out with not only my UT friends from camp, but also their friends. It's been fun meeting new people and occasionally getting to spend time with different sets of people.
5. Mr. Coffey's 5th Grade class at FAIRVIEW MARGURITE - This is where I have been assigned to this semester. I will get to spend 50 hours here and teach around 6 lessons to these 5th graders. I was super apprehensive about this placement because it was pretty much EVERYthing out of my comfort zone (1/2 hispanic, a higher grade level than i was used to, working with a male teacher, etc..) .....BUT I LOVE IT. absolutely love it. God was good to give me such a great teacher and class. I'm pumped.
6. pretty days and walks. - Yes... WALKS. Something's gotten into me. And i've realized that i dont take advantage of the beauty of God's creation enough. On pretty days, i've been trying to take advantage of being outside more and even going with a friend on a walk. It's super refreshing and makes for great quality time. i love it.
7. my schedule. - although tuesdays and thursdays are a drag, its nice to have my first classes on mondays and wednesdays not start till 1:30, and to have Fridays OFF. (although i use fridays to go to my school from 8 to 3.. its still nice to not have actual class).
8. My family - So cliche, but after what I've seen this semester and especially at this new school placement, I can't get over how freaking blessed I am in this category.
9. The love of God - so rich and pure, so measureless and strong. It shall forevermore endure, the saints and angels song!
1 comment:
This was a good post! I love reading and catching up on what's going on in your life. Im glad you are having a good semester and spending time with good friends! I miss you Anna! Hope your weekend is restful and fun!
Post a Comment