My life has been extremely unusual lately as i packed up some belongings and moved myself to Dandridge for the week. Millicent Thompson is a girl in my small group that i help lead at church and has become like a sister to me. This past week, her mom went out of town and Millicent was left the responsibility of keeping up her beautiful home and taking care of her various animals around the house. Mill needed someone to stay with her and of course I didn't object....it's been neat- we've both played the roll of mom/daughter/sister/best friends that are attached at the hip this week and it was so much fun. Some days i would wake up and receive a text from my "mom": "coffee is made. toaster is out. sadie threw up in the laundry room. alarm is on. see you this afternoon." haha, i laughed. Then, rolls switched as I got
home before her and had dinner fixed when she got home. We'd then make our way out to the pool to lay out by her gorgeous pool with an insanely amazing view as Mill became the sister i'd never had. It was so fun- a week with a pool/jacuzzi/huge master bedroom with all the perks(i've never slept so good in my life!) /Mill and Anna bonding time- it was just the "vacation" i needed. I did, though, miss my 5 roomies back home... this afternoon Mill's mom got back so i am now back at my New Market home and sitting here, relaxing on my bed for the first time in a week....getting back in the grind. Millicent withdraws are beginning to surface. I just love her guts and am really thankful for her and that she allowed me to spend such a fun week with her! :)
Also, on Saturday, Millicent went with me to be a part of the Carson-Newman community outreach program that was being held called Operation Inasmuch. Over 500 students came out and spread throughout the community doing various projects. Mill and I were recruited by my friend Jennifer to help take pictures of everything to help document the event. The 3 of us had a ton of fun. Best Buddies was also there to help out--- Best Buddies is an organization that I have become a part this year that coordinates events, has fun with, and gets to know local people who are mentally handicapped. I was assigned to become "buddies" with a sweet lady named Bobbie Sue and was so glad I was able to see her and spend some time with her at Operation Inasmuch.
Me and Jennifer adding on to the grafitti at a painting site.
<------------
Me and Bobbie Sue sporting our orange shirts! ---------->


No comments:
Post a Comment