Monday, February 2, 2009

i met dave barnes.

ok, maybe you didn't hear me....

I MET DAVE BARNES!

and it was AWESOME! Saturday night I went with some of my small group girls to knoxville to see Dave Barnes in concert. He's PHENOMENAL in concert... really really talented plus HILARIOUS which makes for a great show. :) We were determined after the show to meet him, so we stuck around forrrreeevvveeerrr (so much that we were asked to leave the main auditorium so we just went to the lobby only to wait some more...dedication, i know) and it FINALLY paid off!!! He was very personable and stopped and talked to us for a good while and allowed us to take our picture with him, and whatnot... we were on cloud nine.

I told him, "My friends have already made fun of me and the fact that I'm going to tell you this, but I'm going to tell you anyway." (I was just going to tell him that he played 3 of my favorite songs all in a row and it made me super excited, and my friends, when we were talking about what all we were going to say to him when or if we met him just 10 minutes before, had made fun of how excited I was going to be when I told him that..) But anyway, he took my hands and said, "Do we need to have a moment?!" hahaha was that even a question???

after awhile of more chit-chat and pictures, we were leaving and i said, "thanks dave, we love you, we jam to you." and he said, "oh stop it.." and winked at me. WINKED at me. maybe you didn't hear me... DAVE BARNES WINKED AT ME.

haha, ok, i'm done. i'll just leave you with this....






















:D
well, and this.. in case you're one of those who TRAGICALLY don't know who he is...
this is for you:

3 comments:

Toddy P said...

And I heard he called you today. How'd that happen? (......evil laugh......)

anna c. said...

OMG!!!! hahahaha i WONDERED who did that! and ok what was weird about the whole thing was the people in front of us that also met him asked him to call their friend and he talked to her for forEVER and it was the coolest thing ever and i had JUST gotten through telling that to my roommate and then he called ME! HA! good job. i'm glad the mystery was revealed :) thanks for it, btw :D

Anonymous said...

Oh Anna Cleland. I wish I could have seen this whole thing in person to watch and point and laugh at you. haha. I love you!! (ok, so I probably would have done the same thing. i heart him too..)