a couple of weekends ago, i went on a college retreat with Manley Baptist, my church here at carson-newman. we went to lake lure in north carolina and although the weather wasn't great for being at the lake all weekend, it was just a wonderful time to get away and rest. looking back, however, this retreat was unlike any church retreat i've ever been to. ever. and i've been to a lot of church retreats in my life. usually, retreats are a "high," to experience and re-emphasize the greatness and supremacy of God in your life and to re-recognize how much He loves you and maybe even re-commit your life to Him. you usually leave, only to be back in the world and find yourself in the same rut you were in before the retreat. this retreat, however, was an "ok. we know God is great. we know God is good.... now what? what are we as Christians put on this earth to do?" it was a weekend of looking at the heart of Christianity- our personal relationship with Christ and sharing that with unbelievers. we are called to go and make disciples of the nations... yet how often do we take on the title of "fishers of men?" it was a weekend of getting down to it- to challenge us to: 1. know our faith, 2. own our faith, and 3. share our faith. we left feeling the weight of the gospel. we, as Christians already housing in our hearts the greatest gift there ever was, owe the lost world the Good News of Christ..... we OWE it to them.
Casting Crowns - Does Anybody Hear Her
Free Music Videos at www.yallwire.com
2 comments:
anna cleland. i love that song, and that video made it come alive! you are so right to say that we should be SO dedicated to doing anything it takes to tell people about Jesus.
Even if it makes US look stupid in front of people, telling people about His sacrifice is what faith is all about, i've learned that so much more the last year. I'm glad to hear that you really think hard into that as well.
By the way, i created a blog a few days ago. you should check it out.
www.reillyisawake.blogspot.com
I had NO idea that that video was filmed at Berry...well, I hadn't watched it yet because I'm pretty sure I could have recognized the campus!
What a great song though! It really gets me every time. I'm really glad that I get to read your thoughts even though we're so far apart from one another.
Mission: Get Anna Auburn tickets is still in the works.
Post a Comment