And, let me just say before I go any further, that the Lord's timing is ALWAYS perfect. And how often.... gosh, how often do I not rest in this. I'm thankful when the Lord chooses to reveal this truth to me again, just in case I had forgotten. And I had. You see, when it hit me that my spring break would be different than all my friends due to student teaching, i was devistated and actually a little bitter. Little did I know the Lord has something else in store. Far better than I could have even dared asked or imagined.
Felicity Mae Cleland was born April 7, 2010 at 6:56am. I had driven to Atlanta the nigh
t before because I knew it was coming. Had I been student teaching and not on Spring break, phone calls and pictures would have had to suffice until the weekend. But no.... Thank you Lord and your reminder that your timing is better than mine.... I was able to be there in all the action and see her little self only hours old and got to visit at the hospital for days after. I would've been sick to have been stuck so far away. But gosh, it couldn't have been any more perfect. See, Anna?! My timing is always better than your own...
Now, let me tell you about my little NIECE...
She's beyond precious. We would just stare and stare and stare at her. No matter what she did, we oohed and ahhed. I found myself loving and even waiting for her to do something like sneeze or yawn or cry or wimper. Then, I started asking myself... why is it I'm WAITING for her to do these things? Why is it I LOVE seeing her express herself in these forms? I mean, think about the things I'm waiting on her to do-- sneeze, yawn, cry, wimper... not too fun of things, huh?! and then the Lord taught me something.... again!: Because in these things, her humanity is magnified. And when our humanity is magnified, our need for Him is also. Felicity came out displaying to the world her need for a Savior. We wouldn't need God if we weren't weak, frail, and made up of 100% sinful human would we?
So, in every little wimper of "HEY look guys, look at how human i am!" we all rejoiced with her with oohs and ahhs. Felicity's taught me a little something in life:
When I'm sick and start to sneeze, what is my new reaction?
YES! thank you, Lord, I'm so in need of You.
When I'm tired, sleepy, worn out and all I can do is yawn?
YES! thank you, Lord, I'm so in need of You.
When I'm cold and I need more covering, when I'm uncomfortable, when I'm lonely and just cry out for a little attention......
YES! Thank you, Lord, I'm so in need of You.
It'll be a challenge, but I think it's a good one.
Thank you, Lord, we are so in need of YOU! :)


2 comments:
so good!! makes total sense!!
Beautiful blog!
Post a Comment