2. You know how much I love Easter. (if Easter had the family component that Thanksgiving had, it'd be my favorite HANDS DOWN. Bring on the Easter hymns... love it.)
3. You know how much I loved being a part of Choral Ensemble in high school. (Gosh, we were like a little family. I miss it for sure.)
So, in combining the previous 3 points, here is my high school ensemble singing probably one of my all time favorite songs to sing... Go To Dark Gethsemane. So often, Easter is attached solely to the resurrection of Christ. Or even solely to what happened on the cross. But I am so thankful the Bible lets us in on the events leading up to the cross as well.... This song reminded us what Good Friday is all about. Jesus' emotions in the garden of Gethsemane are not to be overlooked. It is so telling of the extent of what Jesus did for us... OUT OF HIS OBEDIENCE TO THE FATHER AND BECAUSE OF HIS LOVE FOR US. So, so powerful during this Easter holiday and especially on today, Good Friday.
It's not the best quality cause it's live from one of our concerts, but hearing it just warms my heart and brings back so many memories that i can't help but post it. Also, here are the words to follow along. 5 years later and i still remember every single word and note... Hope you enjoy :)
Go To Dark Gethsemane:
Go to dark Gethsemane, Ye who feel the tempter's power
Your Redeemer's conflict see, Watch with Him one bitter hour;
Turn not from His griefs away, Learn of Jesus Christ to pray.
Follow to the judgement hall, View the Lord of life arraigned,
O the wormwood and the gall! O the pangs His soul sustained!
Shun not suffering, shame, or loss; learn of Him to bear the cross.
Calvary's mournful mountain climb, There adoring at His feet
Mark the miracle of time, God's own sacrifice complete
"It is finished!" "It is finished!" hear Him cry, hear Him cry.
Learn of Jesus Christ to die, Learn of Jesus Christ to die
Blessed Savior, now in love, send thy sprit from above
Come and dwell with us we pray, Amen, Amen, Amen.
Mark 14: 32- 36: They went to a place called Gethsemane, and Jesus said to his disciples, "Sit here while I pray." He took Peter, James and John along with him, and he began to be deeply distressed and troubled. "My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death," he said to them. "Stay here and keep watch." Going a little farther, he fell to the ground and prayed that if possible the hour might pass from him. "Abba, Father," he said, "everything is possible for you. Take this cup from me. Yet not what I will, but what you will."
4. You kn
ow how much I loved my precious little kitty cat, Pepper. (Yes, unfortunately, it's past tense. Upon coming home from college last night, she was so pitiful. An hour after I got home, she died. I'm so glad she stayed strong for me to see her. Now I know why people want to believe in animal heavens so much. It was a hard, but I'm just thankful I was able to say goodbye and be with her. Goodness, I can't remember a time in my life without her! This cat was such a part of my childhood and holds so many special memories in my heart. I'll forever love and miss you, Pepper!)
1 comment:
Thank you for posting us! I was just wondering at Easter time why I didn't bring my Ensemble CDs with me to Kenya! and here we are, on the blogosphere. So thanks.
Post a Comment