I always love trips home. I've always been thankful that Chattanooga's close enough for the drive not to be a complete pain, but far enough away that I'm not able to be called home for dinner, ya feel me?! Anyways, home means so much to me and has come to mean more and more over the years that I've been away. My trips home have always taken place for a variety of reasons... appointments, breaks, visits, camp, church, etc etc. But, most of the time, it's mainly just to be able to relax and let my heart rest with family. My heart often just tells me when "its time"... and I know a good visit home will give me just the refreshment I need. Call me crazy, but it's true.
SO, All that introduction to say.... I actually went home this weekend for a number of reasons this time... all boiling down to the fact that life was being celebrated. In more ways than one:
1. Celebrating Life Experienced!
Mommy had a birthday! I hadn't seen my parents in awhile and it was so great to get to go home on the weekend after my moms birthday. I always hate being away from any family member or any birthday they have, so it was neat to get to go spend time with her (and mio padre!) right after she celebrated another year of life. I could go on and on about my mother, but I'll just sum it all up in saying that she's the bomb. The best mom anyone could ask for, really.
2. Celebrating Life in Death.
I also had to come home this weekend to my dying cat. I wish that could somehow sound less harsh but that's the best way I know to portray the sort of shock I felt when I walked into my house Friday night and saw how sick my precious little kitty cat is. It hit me like a ton of bricks... I can't remember a time in my life when she wasn't in it. Needless to say, Friday night was spent celebrating life in tears. Not ideal, but it has allowed me to look at the glass half full and realize I should just be thankful that a) I've been blessed with such a sweet companion in the first place and b) my brother has a job... because people like me are a sucker for their animals. So, hopefully I'll get to see her again (and many more agains!) possibly for spring break, but had to say some goodbyes just in case. Gahh, gets me every time.... here i go again... ahhh. i feel so dumb cause it's just a cat but my gosh she's just got such a part of my heart!
ok.
3. CELEBRATING LIFE ANEW!!!
ahhh MY NIECE IS SO CLOSE TO BEING HERE! Saturday was a baby shower for my brother and sister in law in Atlanta with both sides of their families and friends. They got SO many precious baby stuff... seeing all the pink, miniature-sized, monogrammed things made it all so real that there is a LIFE....my NIECE.... in Kirby's belly right now. A life that the Lord has formed by His hands and allowed my brother and sister in law such responsibility as to bring her into this world in order to nurture, love, and care. Blows my mind. God's pretty cool, what a gift. She's gonna have the best parents that will, I'm confident, do everything... everything in their power to point her eyes heavenward, despite the corruption of this world. My niece is in good hands... I can't wait to hold her, love on her, and celebrate LIFE with her. less than one month and counting!
SO, All that introduction to say.... I actually went home this weekend for a number of reasons this time... all boiling down to the fact that life was being celebrated. In more ways than one:
1. Celebrating Life Experienced!
Mommy had a birthday! I hadn't seen my parents in awhile and it was so great to get to go home on the weekend after my moms birthday. I always hate being away from any family member or any birthday they have, so it was neat to get to go spend time with her (and mio padre!) right after she celebrated another year of life. I could go on and on about my mother, but I'll just sum it all up in saying that she's the bomb. The best mom anyone could ask for, really.
2. Celebrating Life in Death.
I also had to come home this weekend to my dying cat. I wish that could somehow sound less harsh but that's the best way I know to portray the sort of shock I felt when I walked into my house Friday night and saw how sick my precious little kitty cat is. It hit me like a ton of bricks... I can't remember a time in my life when she wasn't in it. Needless to say, Friday night was spent celebrating life in tears. Not ideal, but it has allowed me to look at the glass half full and realize I should just be thankful that a) I've been blessed with such a sweet companion in the first place and b) my brother has a job... because people like me are a sucker for their animals. So, hopefully I'll get to see her again (and many more agains!) possibly for spring break, but had to say some goodbyes just in case. Gahh, gets me every time.... here i go again... ahhh. i feel so dumb cause it's just a cat but my gosh she's just got such a part of my heart!
ok.
3. CELEBRATING LIFE ANEW!!!
ahhh MY NIECE IS SO CLOSE TO BEING HERE! Saturday was a baby shower for my brother and sister in law in Atlanta with both sides of their families and friends. They got SO many precious baby stuff... seeing all the pink, miniature-sized, monogrammed things made it all so real that there is a LIFE....my NIECE.... in Kirby's belly right now. A life that the Lord has formed by His hands and allowed my brother and sister in law such responsibility as to bring her into this world in order to nurture, love, and care. Blows my mind. God's pretty cool, what a gift. She's gonna have the best parents that will, I'm confident, do everything... everything in their power to point her eyes heavenward, despite the corruption of this world. My niece is in good hands... I can't wait to hold her, love on her, and celebrate LIFE with her. less than one month and counting!
all in celebration of life.
"I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."
John 10:10
And for the big reveal of my niece's name and a look at Kirby's blog, go HERE and read Kirby's first post!

1 comment:
I like this entry Aunta!!! :) Thanks for your support! Now it's less than 3 weeks till d-day! You are almost an aunt!
Kirby (:
Post a Comment