Tuesday, February 16, 2010

beautiful feet.

Alright-I’ll just go head put it out there- here’s my NEWS… !!!

I’m going to ZIMBABWE, AFRICA this summer!!!!

I AM SO EXCITED!! ahh I can't wait to tell you all about it...

I've actually come to realize that really this all started on December 3rd, 1987, the very day I was born. This is part of my continuing story that has been divinely orchestrated from the first second I began my journey.

There are numerous reasons as to why I’m beyond convinced that it’s GOD completely orchestrating this trip. My parents not flipping out (well, at least in front of me) and actually prayerfully approaching this decision with me is one. It being Zimbabwe of all countries, a place I researched and fell in love with in the FOURTH grade, is two. Three, is that it really was unexplainable (aka GOD) why my heart wasn’t at peace going back to camp this summer… it would’ve made so much sense to go back; so comfortable…. And yet I didn’t have a peace about it. And now I know why. God’s got bigger things in store. He’s gonna use me. ME. ….IN AFRICA. Unreal.

I can’t help but think of the series of divine events… if UTC hadn’t have cancelled the test I was scheduled to take, if I decided to return to camp even though I didn’t have peace about it, if I hadn’t ever met Tara Fentress, if I hadn’t ever had Africa on my heart in the first place, if, if, if, if, if… my story would be totally different. But God’s had His hand in it the whole time. I love being able to see it. AND IM NOT EVEN THERE YET!

Some details, you ask?
-I leave a week after graduation.
-I will be there for 3 weeks. (May 21st –June 9th)
-I will be with a small team of about 10-12 people through Ebenezer Ministries.
-I am raising support, but my bigger, stronger plea is for something intangible--- I ASK YOU TO PRAY. This is a huge leap of faith for me... way out of my comfort zone for sure. Pray for safety. Pray for the hearts of the people of Zimbabwe that they will be prepared for our coming and be receptive to our presence and encouragement in Christ. Pray that the Lord shows up and moves. Pray for my team. For health. For growth.

Can’t wait to update you as I get closer to the trip and tell my blogging world all about what will take place on this journey. Thanks for following along as I seek to pursuethe Lord and His heart for the nations.

Romans 10:15 says, “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!” I am so incredibly humbled that God would not only use me, but equip me with beautiful feet as they travel to Zimbabwe, Africa to impact their culture for the cause of Christ! woo!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is wonderful!! i'm so excited for you and can't wait to hear how the Lord continues to orchestrate things :)

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you friend! I cannot wait to hear more about how the Lord is working and moving to finalize your trip. And I will be praying for you, and will be so happy to hear about the time you have in Africa serving.