This past weekend:
- Thursday night, I got to spend time some quality time with Cameron, one of my absolute best friends from high school. Time with her is always always always fabulous, no matter what length of time it may be. She's one of those people that just being around puts me in a good mood. It's fun to catch up with someone who I've been friends with for so long now. She's such a refreshment.
- Also Thursday night, I got talked into seeing the midnight showing of New Moon... without having seen the first movie or read any of the books. I was clueless. But, I did have great plot people sitting next to me who did a great job of filling me in and answering my questions. I'll admit it, I was a total skeptic going into it, and came out very entertained and even desiring to see the first movie. Call me crazy.
- After Twilight, I spent the night with Tara, a fun new friend at UT and her roommate Abigail who i worked at camp with this past summer. I just love slumber parties and people who are willing to open their apartments and houses to me. (tara on left, abigail on right!)
- THE BARN DANCE. RUF at UT had their barn party on Friday night... even some of my carson-newman friends were able to come and it was SO FUN!
- Saturday was a total lounge day that i needed very badly.
- Sunday, Sloan came over to the house and we worked on our Science Inquiry Project... we decided to do an Egg Drop Project. As always with us, there's never a dull moment, and we actually had fun doing this assignment.
Today-ish... (Present-ish):
- Today was my last day with my 5th graders. After I did my lesson on the Underground Railroad, they all got in line to give me my goodbye hug. Man, am I gonna miss them. Their hearts are so huge and I pray that I was able to love them well, as many obviously don't receive enough of it at home.
- I've become obsessed with Lady Antebellum. Especially these songs:
This upcoming week:
- IS THANKSGIVING!!! AND LET. ME. TELL. YOU.... THIS IS CAPS LOCK FOR A REASON... THANKSGIVING IS MY ALL TIME FAVORITE HOLIDAY HANDS DOWN. I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE MY EXTENDED FAMILY AND SPEND TIME WITH THEM! THEY'RE SOME OF MY FAVORITE PEOPLE IN THIS ENTIRE WORLD AND I DONT GET TO SEE THEM ENOUGH... SO, I CAN'T WAIT FOR SOME DAYS OFF TO SPEND WITH THEM IN FULL BELLIES AND HEARTY LAUGHTER. IT'LL BE GOOD FOR THE SOUL. :) I LOVE MY FAMILY.
- I've got a ton of work to do and turn in before finals, but i'm just glad i have time away to try to catch up!
- Whoa! My birthday is in 10 days. It always creeps up on me because I'm always too excited about Thanksgiving that I forget my birthday is just on the other side of it. I may have to bring back the birthday blog for it like last year, who knows.... :)
1 comment:
Lady Antebellum great in concert! They came to BG to open for Jason Aldean last year.
Post a Comment