Yesterday, I had a lunch date with Emily Geyer, who, if you don’t know, you’re missing out big time. This lunch date became more of a morning/afternoon date. We never ran out of conversation for the near 4 hours I spent with her and I felt so uplifted after I left.
Emily and I met when I was working this past summer at Camp Vesper Point, only the greatest place on the planet.. Her (then fiancé) husband was my boat instructor and taught me everything I needed to know about boats and how to drive them for the CVP waterfront ’08. Emily came up a few times during that week to visit, and I immediately fell in love with her and her sweet spirit. You know those people that you meet that you immediately click with and you purpose to yourself, “I WILL be their friend.” haha, or maybe that’s just me… but Emily was definitely one of those people. And I’m glad I had that inclination because she’s been a wonderful friend that always brightens my day.
Emily doesn’t realize it, but she’s taught me a lot in my short time of knowing her. Other than teaching me what a woman of God looks like and how to be a great friend, one main thing that Emily has taught me in our conversations is the concept of “just be the best you you can be.” She’s probably reading this and like, “What? I never said that…” And no, those words have never come from her mouth, but Emily is Emily through and through. People love her for who she is. She’s so real and genuine and you can tell she is content with the person God has made her/is developing her to be and I love that about her.
And, if you haven’t ever read her blog, you should. Her and David are just so stinkin happy and in love. I pray I have a relationship like theirs some day. As Emily wittingly sidenoted to me yesterday, “Marriage is great. I would highly recommend it.” Haha, thanks Em :)
1) me and emily at her wedding... didn't she just look gorgeous?! :)2) me and emily YESTERDAY at her perfect little house!
and TONIGHT, i'm going to eat at the sushi place with Chattanooga camp folk. It's gonna be grand. Man, i love Christmas. And speaking of, t minus 2 days till Jesus' birthday! Merry Christmas Eve Eve!!! :D
Signed,
Anna Cleland
2 comments:
you are so, so wonderful. Thank you for this sweet post! You are such a blessing! LOVE you!
A whole post dedicated to Emily Geyer :) How wonderful!! And so jealous that you are eating a) sushi and b) with camp friends.
Post a Comment