My wonderful (do i ever say how WONDERFUL they are?) parents had planned a birthday party for me at Rib and Loin (yumm bbq!) for lunch after Church on Sunday. A bunch of friends from church and their families all congregated there for me along with cake, cupcakes, presents and balloons. I felt so special... They went all out!
The biggest deal of it all----IT WAS A TOTAL SUPRISE. and, if you know me, you know i dont do suprizes. People have tried.. and failed. I guess I'm just always in the know, and it's really hard to get me somewhere when I don't know what's going on. So everyone was in on it. I ususally go out to eat with friends after church on Sunday before I head back to Carson-Newman, so i thought it was just another Sunday lunch. It was a little weird how everyone just "chose" Rib and Loin, and i thought it was interesting when i saw my parent's car in the parking lot, but the thought honestly NEVER crossed my mind. Even when i walked in and saw everyone, I STILL didn't get it... they just smiled at me and waited for me to realize it was all for me. The balloons off to the corner on the table gave it away. I LOVED IT! it was so special for me.... i love family, blood AND my fam at RBBC :D
Here are some wonderful pictures from the FIRST suprise of my life!!!


and, for extra kicks and giggles, i tried on my moms wedding dress when i was home...

NOW..... t minus THREE HOURS till i'm 21!!!!
2 comments:
yeah!! I knew all about it :). David and I SO wanted to be there too, but we were still in Ohio :(. When are you coming home for christmas? Can we hang out??
Oh my gosh...I'm having flashbacks!! Just seeing you in your mom's wedding dress reminds me of their wedding! Yes, I was young, but I have the privilege that you do not - the privilege of actually remembering the wedding! Holy cow. Man, do you look like your mom or what?! Absolutely beautiful. :)
Post a Comment