i shared with a friend tonight how i've been convicted lately that i go to so many Bible studies and do so many "church things" that that time drastically outweighs my personal time with God. Many of times i find myself justifying that, "since i skipped my 'God time' this morning, i'll just go to Bible study tonight." Granted, i always learn lots, love spending time in fellowship with other believers and grow a lot in my time there, but i've been reminded lately that it's ultimately about YOU and GOD- nothing else matters. it's kind of an elementary concept that's kinda resurfaced... reminding me that the church is just a tool. and praise the Lord for that tool, but at what point should i skip "Bible studies" just to stay back and in the quietness of my room open the Word and meet with God.
and then comes satan again... "but if you don't go to Bible study, everyone will ask where you were and why you weren't there..... they'll say, "sure she stayed home and did "devotions"...." but then again i'm checked. it's not about that. people can say what they want. Satan can say what he wants. I'm gonna spend more time with God, period. and actually, i should have time to attend and grow from both because even if i have ALL of Him and NOTHING else, life is good. He is enough. :)
so, in just being real with you.... i strive and long more for that intimacy... for the personal relationship Chrisitanity is and always will be.
You’re my sacrifice
Of greatest price
Still more awesome than I know
You’re the coming King
You are everything
Still more awesome than I know
All of You is more than enough for all of me
For every thirst and every need
You satisfy me with Your love
And all I have in You is more than enough
-Enough by Chris Tomlin
May this ring true in your life and mine...........
1 comment:
Anna, I am so thankful for your convictions! I too am learning that our intimacy with Christ determines how we allow the spirit to live in and through us daily. I love you Anna and am so glad that you are my sister!!
Post a Comment