Monday, April 11, 2011

Pandora

My new obsession: Pandora. More specificially, Hillsong United radio on Pandora. If I'm in my classroom by myself, it's on. There are multiple reasons for why I love it, the main one being that it keeps me in a continual state of worship all day long. It puts me in such a good mood. Today, a song came on and Lord wanted me to stop and hear what the He had to say through it. He usually speaks directly to me in the song, like it's "our song" and reassures me I'm loved, taken care of, and that I can come to Him with all my burdens and He'll meet me there and comfort me in them. This time, however, He told me: "This is who I am to these children." At the time, I was passing out papers on my kid's empty desks and it was like He was saying... each desk represents my whole heart. I love them with my whole heart. I, as their teacher, can't control their situations, but I can love them like that. Or at least try.


Funny how this works because it hilights 2 key lessons I've been drilled on since Zimbabwe:
1. God is God everywhere- the same God that reigns in my heart and calms my storms and speaks to me also desires to save these little souls and loves them UNFAILINGLY even when their home lives don't.
2. My workplace is my mission field. And I couldn't be more thankful.

Later that day, my students were packing up for home and one little precious girl came up to me and said, "Can I do one thing before I leave?" and I said, "Sure, what?" She proceeded to give me the BIGGEST hug and with the hugest grin shook me by my shoulders and said, "You're the BEST teacher EVER." What a gift from the Lord.

Seriously- Hillsong Pandora. It's where it's at.

Happy TCAP week to you- hope you're celebrating accordingly.

No comments: