"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal... For where your treasure is there your heart will be also." -Matthew 6:18-20
Storing up for myself treasures in heaven as opposed to those found on the earth has taken on a whole different meaning this past week. I want to invest myself in furthering His kingdom and knowing Him more- that's it. I don't know why I was stripped of these earthly things, but maybe I needed a little wake up call... or maybe the robber went out and bought a bunch of Bibles with the money from my stuff..... ha. But I do know that I've grown closer to Him and have been able to share Him with others through this experience. It wasn't fun, but most learning experiences aren't.
I looked in the eyes of some of my math students today and saw tears in one precious pair of eyes out of frustration at a new concept that we launched into. Learning is tough and at times rigorous and unpleasant- I am thankful the Lord has put a passion in my heart to make learning a part of my everyday life and profession. I am thankful He has brought me through and taught me things through experiences such as this to instill in me understanding and compassion.
I pray people around me look at my life and how I spend my time and say that it is "heaven investing" instead of "earth investing." I wanna store my treasures in heaven- where thieves can't break in and steal!
so there.
1 comment:
tutoring at Sarah Moore Greene I have seen the frustration tears. It sorta gives a picture of what is happening inside me... but it happens to younger kids on the outside.
loving reading about your JOB!
Post a Comment