For the last week, I have...
-Eaten a lot of these:
banana popsicles, chopped up in small pieces!
-and these:
I literally lived on the above two for the first 5 days after surgery. I got to a point where i was SO hungry it was PAINFUL. I kept a list of things I was going to eat once I got better. I had SO many cravings it was pitiful.
-SO, yesterday, hunger trumped pain and i ate the inside of one of these:

it took FOREVER to eat but my stomach was SOOOOO satisfied.
This past week, I have also...
-watched the entire season 1 of this:
(special thanks to Amanda Bryant for the recommendation and Julia Suddath for the use of your Netflix account!) It kept me sane.
-been VERY thankful for pain medicine.
-have not spoken a word above a whisper.
-Had SO many people love on me, check on me, and even visit me! It's made me realize how blessed I am and how lucky I am that this temporary surgery is my biggest worry.
Daniel, Kirby, Felicity, and Sully got here this afternoon and we are enjoying welcoming in the Christmas Holiday in true Cleland fashion. I'll be so thankful once I'm not sick all the time anymore, but this past week has just been the pits. So glad it's almost all behind me!

No comments:
Post a Comment