Thursday, May 13, 2010

tomorrow, i graduate.

tomorrow, i graduate. from COLLEGE. and receive a teaching license.....
wowwowowowow, where has the time gone?

i look back on my past 4 years, and realize just how much i've grown, learned, laughed, and even cried. here are some thoughts running through my head right now....

I'm THANKFUL...
-that i went away for college. it's grown me more than i could've ever imagined.
-for my education. i realize now just how much i didn't know about how to teach. i feel prepared.
-for my friends..... namely Millicent, Amanda, Sarah, Hope, and Carling. They'll always hold a special place in my heart.
-for Iris Lane. this house will forever be a piece of me.
-for good ol Jefferson City scenery. i'll miss the barns, fields, cows, and silos.
-for my parents being supportive every step of the way.
-for my elementary teachers in the past that have made me want to become a teacher just like them.
-for my Bible and music. these were a must on lonely nights.
-that i have a teaching license and noone can take that away from me.
-for the past, loving the present, and excited about the future.
-for my summers spent at camp, another home away from home
-for the Lord's provision.
-for my Savior.... as things as we know it are about to drastically change, I'm thankful He's my constant.

I've learned...
-it's not WHERE you are, but WHO you're with
-how much I value my family.
-if you're looking for someone in Jefferson City, there's a good chance they're either at El Sazon or Wal-Mart.
-every short cut in Jeff City
-people in college do stupid things.
-don't date your freshman year. it has a 99.9% disaster rate.... just don't.
-that CN's Education department isn't a joke.
-that teaching is not only my calling, but my passion.
-that college libraries exist solely for social reasons instead of educational ones.
-if you live in Jeff City, it is mandetory you get a speeding ticket on Old AJ. don't try not to.. it's inevitable.
-you actually learn to appreciate the smell of cow manure.
-that people will come in and out of your life, but your true friends will remain.
-finding a good church home wherever you go is vital. very very vital.
-just how fragile and precious life really is.
-strong bonds sometimes come through really tough times.
-you only live once, you can sleep when you die, and there's no time like the present.

thank you, college.
to God be the glory, GREAT THINGS HE HATH DONE!
na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats grad! Such a great day for you.

Unknown said...

ANNA, I am so glad I stumbled upon your blog. Congrats on graduation!! It doesn't sound like good ol CNC has changed much since I was there. I love your lists. Anyway. So glad to see you on here. Love you girl