May 14, 2010 will go down in the books. For sure.
I graduated from Carson-Newman College with a BA in Elementary Education!!!! Everything I have been working toward for the past 4 years came down to that day. It was a strange feeling... in the midst of my busy four years there, I occasionally lost sight of why I was there and what I really, ultimately, went there to do. Which is a good thing, I think. It meant I had fun along the way and that my nose wasn't in the books ALL the time (which I think is a truth we all knew anyway, haha..) but nevertheless, I did work hard. And it paid off. Hallelujah, I MADE IT!
Graduation Day was a great day though. A special day....As I walked downstairs to greet my family as they arrived, I was also greeted by my uncle and aunt- Steeve and Pam. Now, if you know me, you know how much i LOOOOVVVVVVVVE these two. They are two people nearest and dearest to my heart. Seeing them there was such a shock and WONDERFUL surprise that I couldn't help but get emotional.... I couldn't believe they drove allll that way just to make my day more special.
And, boy did they. Having my mom, dad, and brother were special enough... (see?! love. my. family.)
And THEN, mom tells me there's one MORE surprise (!) and I turn around to see close friend/future roomie Julia standing there. Bless her.
Gosh, these people made it such a great day. I couldn't have asked for a better cheering section! LOVE YOU ALL!

And, boy did they. Having my mom, dad, and brother were special enough... (see?! love. my. family.)
And THEN, mom tells me there's one MORE surprise (!) and I turn around to see close friend/future roomie Julia standing there. Bless her.
Gosh, these people made it such a great day. I couldn't have asked for a better cheering section! LOVE YOU ALL!
(minus photographer Steeve)
NOW: i leave TOMORROW for AFRICA!!! ahhhhh i can't believe it's finally here!
If you would, join with us in prayer....
for safe and healthy travels. for our belongings. for God to meet us there and accomplish His work through us. for Zimbabwe.... for their hearts and ours. for A FUN, EXCITING JOURNEY!
I'm excited and a little bit nervous, but I just can't WAIT to see what God has in store for us as we take His love to the nations.
can't wait to share my journey with the blogging world upon my return! :)
If you would, join with us in prayer....
for safe and healthy travels. for our belongings. for God to meet us there and accomplish His work through us. for Zimbabwe.... for their hearts and ours. for A FUN, EXCITING JOURNEY!
I'm excited and a little bit nervous, but I just can't WAIT to see what God has in store for us as we take His love to the nations.
No comments:
Post a Comment