Thursday, August 14, 2008

"You've made life a song, You made me the singer..."

Welp... here I am! I'm so excited to get pulled into this wonderful world of blogging.... For my first post EVER (!), I wanted to share a little background on the name of my blog and why it's come to mean so much to me... My senior year of highschool we were assigned to write an autobiography, and this rapidly became my theme and has stuck with me ever since... so here's a little excerpt.... don't worry, all my posts won't be this poetic :)

"My staff, my friends; welcome to the happiest night of my life!" For this wealthy, cold-hearted man who was obsessed with being in charge and barking orders, a "happy night" was a very rare occasion. With this atypical announcement, every normal activity in the huge mansion ceased as all eyes fell upon Oliver Warbucks in anticipation of what would soon unfold as the "happiest night of his life". A huge grin stretched across Warbucks' face as he turned all attention to the just entering little orphan, Annie. As Annie merrily waltzed into the room, her upbeat attitude towards life was contagious to each person she swept past on her way to the proud, embracing arms of Oliver Warbucks.

Gazing into Annie's innocent eyes, Oliver Warbucks realized the large impact this little girl had made in his life. Letting Annie know how much she meant to him, he began to sing, "You've made life a song, you made me the singer." In that moment, Warbucks realized that, had Annie never entered his life, he would have no song or reason to sing. Annie indeed transformed Warbucks' life into a jovial song that taught him many things about what really matters in life.

The more I look into this wonderful story, the more I find just how much I relate my own story to that of Warbucks. As much as Warbucks' maids, butlers, servants, secretaries and friends attempted to bring Warbucks happiness, they failed. Annie was the only solution and the only way to bring alive the true song of Oliver Warbucks. Similarly, as much as the world tries to convince me otherwise, Christ is the only reason for my song. Ever since He entered and took complete control of my life, I have begun to realize how God has given me my life and has graciously allowed me to be the singer within it.

SO, I hope that through these many blogs to come, as I share with you life, events, memories, thoughts... that they become a representation of my greater, continuous song to my Creator....

horray to the beginning of our journey together!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful analogy! I am so excited to read more that will follow from my good friend Anna Cleland! I can't wait to hear your thoughts on life, love, and your beautiful relationship with Christ! Love ya and miss you tons!!

Anonymous said...

Whoo hoo!!! I'm so glad you're blogging!! It's super fun - if you take the time to actually do it. Haha - sometimes I'll go a week or more and forget to! :) Can't wait to hear about your life at school!

jenn said...

Santa Claus needs a reindeer, Big Babe Ruth needs a ball, Howard Hughs needs a plane dear, but with you, I've got, it all...

I used to sing Annie songs with some 2 year olds in SS when I was at Red House. We sang this one a lot!

My musical loving friend it is nice to see that I will be able to look into your life through writing. Great post. Eloquent and if I were your English teacher I would give you an A+! Now for personal writings...