Thursday, May 22, 2014

Happy New Year- May 2014!

Since I celebrate my years based around the school calendar, don’t be alarmed if I’m counting down at midnight tonight.  Just like every other American, the passing of another year brings reflections, celebrations, and of course- New Year’s Resolutions.  So thankful for another year in the books- this was a precious class but summer is HERE!  

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Reflections:
·    *  I have learned SO MUCH about grace this year….  Like not only do I really get it now, I’m learning what it’s like to actually live in it.  That everything we do, in order to be Jesus to others, revolves around this grace.  I have extended so much more grace to others this year because I truly have become more aware of what it looks like in my own life knowing Christ first extended grace to me.  And the kicker- I DON’T DESERVE ANY OF IT.  Christ in me the hope of glory. 

·    *  Community- GET IN IT.  This year I’ve been thankful for relationships that uplift, refine, dig deep, and speak truth into my life.  I’ve got some serious “rope throwers” in my life and I’d honestly be way lonely without them.

·    *  Jesus uses my students to teach me more about Himself.  This year more than ever- the Lord woke me up and spoke in the form of a 5 year old. 

·    *  Marriage is important and these decisions are costly.  It isn’t about momentary pleasures, status, or even company.

     *  In Your presence there is fullness of JOY.  Anytime, anywhere.  Fullness.  Lacking nothing.


Celebrations:
*8 snow days….  Let’s just take a moment of silence for all whopping EIGHT of them. *mmmmm*  a sweet gift :)

* This month marks exactly one year since I have been off antibiotics.  If you know me, this is a huge PRAISE THE LORD moment right there.  For as long as I can remember I have had monthly sinus infections coupled with antibiotics as the only remedy.  I mean seriously- the makers of  ZPaks should have paid me for my endorsements. 
The Lord is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path… and divinely led me to this nutritionist that I firmly believe turned my health around.  I have never been so healthy and I couldn’t be more pleased about it.  If you know me, I love to rave about something I’m passionate about...  This and laser hair removal- total life changers.  I’m your girl.

·    * I LOVE my new job. So so thankful to be where I am now.  The first year ever of Northshore Elementary was such a joy to be a part of.  It was so cool to watch everything come together to create a positive school climate for teachers, administration, students, parents, etc.-  seriously I think everyone is happier here.  Again, so neat to actually take time to realize just how the Lord totally orchestrated my steps here.

* Another neice!!!  There’s no need to belabor this one cause I’m obsessed and y’all all know it.


New Year’s Resolutions
*Go to SCRIPTURE for answers, decisions, perseverance, understanding
*Commit more Scripture to memory
*Read, a lot.
*Write more letters
*Remember more birthdays
*Actually USE my multitude of gift cards from my precious families (I know, crazy huh- I’m a saver and I can’t help it!)

No comments: