Thursday, July 15, 2010

UT Graduate School. Overwhelmed. Happy.

Random thoughts, because my brain is too full, scattered, and overwhelmed to produce anything else....

-I'm currently typing this in class. It's become the only time I have to get anything done.
-It's really discouraging to wake up in the morning and feel like I just woke up from a nap. I. need. sleep.
-I can't wait to be in AMANDA'S WEDDING next weekend!
-I'm going to do whatever it takes to be able to forget about school and have fun that weekend.
-If you have a idea of how I should wear my hair for the wedding, I'm taking suggestions. Our
options are endless.
-I love being in Knoxville.
-..although it's taught me just how directionally challenged and unobservant I am.
-I've walked more since I've been on UT's campus than I ever did at Carson-Newman. But I don't hate it!
-If I was doing Grad School at CN I'd be miserable. UT was just the refreshment I needed.
-I'd forgotten about how much I love the word "voracious" and "paramount" until I read them in an assigned reading for class.
-Taking NINE hours of GRADUATE courses in THREE 1/2 WEEKS is A LOT. I have more assignments on my plate than I've EVER had before.
-BUT, when I look at the calender and see that I only have 2 1/2 weeks left and that's what keeps me going. I'll be SO glad I did it when it's over.
-I made one of my walls in my room a picture collage and I'm so in love with it.

-I've made my bed every morning since I've moved here. GO ME!

-In my recent quest for a Knoxville home church, I almost cried when I realized I'm now considered a "Young Adult." Bye-bye youth and college groups.. I feel so old.

-I'm voting Zach Wamp for Governor. Hopefully today. You should too.

-You know the flame statue man on UT's campus? Some friends and I roasted marshmallows on him and made smores the other night. It was awesome. It's great to be a Tennessee Vol!

-Thanks for tuning in. Can't wait to post about the wedding festivities!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I'm glad you are going well in Knox :) I LOVE the picture at the top of your blog as well. Keep it up for these 2 more weeks, you can do it Shmanna!! love you

Shmames

Anonymous said...

I love you photo wall. I have one as well. :) Sounds like a stress filled week, but you can do it! Hope you enjoy the wedding and get through your classes smoothly.